SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
My forum absence Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
My forum absence Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
My forum absence Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
My forum absence Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
My forum absence Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
My forum absence Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
My forum absence Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

My forum absence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Sorry for my recent absence guys, but its probably not going to improve much through the next couple of months. For those that don't know, I'm getting married in early July. Things have been getting a little hectic, and I haven't had much time to keep up with computer news. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe from any storms and flooding.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Well, you warned us! Hope all is going well with the planning and the anticipation. Make sure to leave a little down time during the hectic-ness (?) so you don't get too burned out for the honeymoon. It's a busy time of year here just trying to keep up with the grass. Spring was a little weird, with temps swinging up and down every few days. We're having a little heat wave right now, temps in the 90's for the last two days, forecast for the next week is the same, possibly triple digits this weekend. A neighbor loaned me a riding mower so I could maybe get the few flatter places mowed a little more quickly. Naturally the drive belt shredded last night, so now I have a repair job to do, too. Sad Finally got a good download of Suse 12.3 (the last, good, one only took 40 hours). Then three attempts to burn a DVD finally got a good one. Now I just need time to install it in both computers. Should really do some backing up first, I guess.

I've been wondering how everyone was doing with all the storms, too. Thought of Matt when I heard AK was getting tornado warnings. Guess I should email him.

Keep and eye on the weather, everyone, and be prepared! Here's hoping for a good summer all around.

clown
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin
welan

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Speaking of weather... we're almost floating here in minnesota. Had more rainy days than sunny ones.
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 pm

I thought penguins liked water. Its been very wet here too. Hope you're not getting flooded out welan. And bozo hope you aren't near the wildfires out there.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 am

Not yet, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long, hot summer.

Welan, is all that water keeping the mondo coolers shut down? We're missing the cool draft out here in CA. Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin
welan

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:15 pm

bozo wrote:
Not yet, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long, hot summer.

Welan, is all that water keeping the mondo coolers shut down? We're missing the cool draft out here in CA. Smile

clown
Yes it has clogged the chillers...they seem to only be blowing mud...... Mad
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Good luck cleaning them out. Did Andrea contribute any moisture? Seems like she'd be too far east.

clown
Back to top Go down
findoctr
Gecko
findoctr

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm

bdquick wrote:
I'm getting married in early July.

Congratulations!

It's going to be nice to have a partner to share your life with.

26 years and 2 kids later, the Mrs. and I are looking forward to a crafting career upon retirement. (if I ever can retire)
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Things are still busy, but going good around here.  Got the hay err I mean yard mowed tonight.  Also got about half the weed eating done before the battery died on my new cordless weed eater.  To be fair though, I don't think it was fully charged, due to user error.  Its nicer to use than a gas one, but still cramps up my hands and makes arms a little shaky.
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Well the wedding is over and we are all at my house now. Everything went well and we had good weather for the wedding to be outside. cheers  The next day it turned very hot and humid. Still busy getting settled and finding/making places for everyone's stuff. Today was my first day back to work, so I got a little rest after my two week vacation. Hopefully I get to spend more time with my computers soon, and get caught up on projects and what's happening in linux world.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Glad to hear all went well. Things have been slow around here. Good luck getting settled. I've been here 25 years and still have boxes I haven't unpacked. Looking forward to seeing more of you here.

clown 
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Still trying to find that free time in the evenings. By the time I get back to playing with OpenSuse the next version will be out. I keep telling myself that I'll get away from work earlier than 6 and not have something to do at home.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 am

Dream on! Smile Good to hear from you though, been wondering how things were going.

Every evening (almost) for the last couple of weeks I think about upgrading, but when the Internet connection is working good I want to use it, and when it's crap I figure it's not a good time to upgrade stuff in case I have problems. So I don't do it. Stupid me, I guess.

I've been playing with computer and router configuration, because I get terrible lag and stalls at times with this wireless broadband. The ISP claims everything they can see from the office looks great (I assume they're pinging my antenna), nothing they can do. So I'm trying to make sure there's nothing wrong at this end before I get nasty with them. Since networking is not really my strong point, I've been doing some research as I go along. Changing to OpenDNS made the biggest difference, at least the night I changed it, but it certainly wasn't a fix.

Things have been a little slow. Maybe I should be posting more about my problems, but I don't even know enough to feel confident about asking question that make sense. Embarassed  When I know enough to ask intelligent question, I probably will. I guess I'm secretly hoping upgrading to Suse 12.3 will solve my problems (but I doubt it).

Keep plugging along, and check in once in a while. Keep your eyes open for that free time, it can pass by pretty fast and you'll miss it! Very Happy 

clown 
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 pm

I know at work we often have wireless networks give us problems, but those are from wireless routers like you'd have in your house. Its always a little slower than via cable, and generally will result in dropped connections eventually. The users generally don't notice their connections drop because the internet is still working fine, but one of our older database engines will notice.

Over at DSLReports.com they have some line quality tools you can use for free to test your connection reliability and such.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:05 am

I've tried a lot of things, and was talking it over with my son (who *does* understand networking) and I think it's possible I have a bad ethernet cable from my antenna to my router. It's about 60 feet, starting about 10 above the roof, so I might just get a crimper and redo the connector at the router. No ladders involved that way, and I won't mess up the antenna's aim. It's the most likely culprit at this point. I repositioned the router this morning to take any strain off that connector and it seems much better. Of course this might just be by coincidence a good Internet day. Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Well maybe things will calm down for me. Hope your interent is still behaving better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My forum absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: My forum absence   My forum absence Empty

Back to top Go down

My forum absence
Page 1 of 1