SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
It's been a  while ... Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
It's been a  while ... Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
It's been a  while ... Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
It's been a  while ... Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
It's been a  while ... Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
It's been a  while ... Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
It's been a  while ... Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

It's been a while ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

It's been a  while ... Empty
PostSubject: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:41 pm

It's been a month since the last post. I hope everyone in the Eastern U.S. has survived the storms and gotten dug out from all the snow. Anybody have a Linux controlled snowblower? If you took a Roomba, an Andrino, and a snowblower ,,,  welan, your mondo coolers seem to have been an outstanding success! To bad they have not been able to conquer the Rockies. Maybe the vanes need to be tweaked a little to spread things out and even out the coverage. Smile We got 2" of rain yesterday, but it never got below 45 degrees (it's 60 right now). No snow, but the reservoirs are so low the runoff should be fully contained. Snow level was 7000' or higher. Power was flickering all day so the computer was constantly rebooting, now my monitor is screwed up. Sad Lost a large directory that had multiple gigabytes of downloaded manuals for various equipment that I have or work on, a long with other stuff. Backups were at a neighbors who says he can't find them. Sad Oh, well, life goes on. Gotta replace a cooling fan in my laptop, means taking the whole thing apart, 73 screws according to the manual.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and coping OK with the weather. Check in once in a while.

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Well the site is being ornery and didn't keep my last post.
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Well I hope you got your laptop fixed, and that the neighbor found your backup. It seems Welan has all the Mondo Chillers back online, as we've went back into the freezer. We did see some above normal days, even getting into the low 50s one day.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:55 pm

No joy on the backups. Sad We've Been near 70 for highs for a week or so, no winter weather in sight. We did have a big storm a week or so ago, 7.5" of rain in two-three days. Tore up the driveway something terrible. Sad I'll trade you some warm weather for some water. There is hardly any snow pack, the ski places are really hurting. Canceled some National meet for lack of snow. I was trying to figure out how to hook up a blade on my riding mower to grade the driveway, when a neighbor who was hard up for cash offered me a John Deere GT240 for $100. Needs a little TLC, but the blade will go on it without tearing it up, and the price was certainly right. So maybe I can get the driveway back to two wheeel drive condition. (I take my Camry up and down no problem, but the neighbor sure complains. Not the one with the tractor, the one that shares the driveway. Never see him working on it, though.) Then to get a few tons of gravel.

That's the excitement in my life. No Linux problems or successes, it just works.

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Sounds like a good deal on the john deere. Our only excitement has been fighting bad colds and sinus infection. Got a couple of days off work because of it.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 am

Days off work sound good, but a sinus infection is not the way to get them! Hope you've seen the doctor and the antibiotics are working. Sinus infections are no fun. Better than Ebola, though!

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Yeah and its one of those good lingering colds, that just keeps the coughs coming. Still better than ebola though.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

At least with a cold you can get some computer time in. Smile With Ebola you probably have to soak your computer in beach. Hang in there, it's too cold to go outside yet. And looks like it will be for a while yet. Hope there's somebody else there that can run the snowblower. Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while ...   It's been a  while ... Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been a while ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SUSEUnbound :: LIGHTEN UP! THE PLACE TO TAKE THINGS LESS SERIOUS. ;) :: General-
Jump to: