SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Empty
PostSubject: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:52 pm

So let them know. As you can guess Ubuntu and all its kin are in the lead right now.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/which-linux-distribution-do-you-use-most-frequently-0
Back to top Go down
Eds
Old Regular
Eds

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:00 pm

bdquick wrote:
... Ubuntu and all its kin are in the lead right now.

Can't help but wonder if that says a much for the distribution of Ubuntu, or that Ubuntu users are the sorts that like to make a bit of noise that they use it.

Maybe its just me that thinks that Ubuntu is the domain of "kiddie" linux wannabes, and that the more mature sorts who aren't likely to do these polls abide elsewhere in the linux world.
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

I think there is probably a lot of that happening Eds.
Back to top Go down
M3PH
Old Regular
M3PH

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 am

i totally agree with eds but that does give ubuntu a hidden advantage. These wannabe's have wannabe friends who are obediant and sheep like. Also just as stupid.

I will vote even though at the moment it is a lie as i have fallen for the beauty that is the dark side.
Back to top Go down
eberhard
Salamander
eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:11 pm

M3PH wrote:
... i have fallen for the beauty that is the dark side.
And that is??
Back to top Go down
Eds
Old Regular
Eds

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

I guess his head has been turned by all of the outstanding effects in Windows7.

There's the "snap" feature (you know, like in kde) - that was MY idea.
And the flip through the windows in a 3D kind of way (you know, like in kde) - that was my idea too.

Then of course there's the ... the ....
erm ... the errrr

Did I mention the snap feature?
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Did the 3D flippy thing come from iTunes first?
Back to top Go down
Eds
Old Regular
Eds

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:41 pm

No no no no no.

You're thinking of iFlippy - completely different, it has an 'i' y'see.
Most people discover iFlippy just before the realisation that they've bought a load of stuff that ties them into iDrm, spend an age trying to iConvert everything before lobbing it out of the iWindow (currently the subject of a protracted legal battle) and commiting iSuicide by slitting their iWrists or sucking on an iExhaustpipe.

iRestmycase
Back to top Go down
eberhard
Salamander
eberhard

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Eds wrote:
I guess his head has been turned by all of the outstanding effects in Windows7.
You think, Mr. 'the youngest MCE ever, certified at 3 years old' went back to his roots? Yeah, maybe you're right.

And speaking of the eye-pott ... yesterday I tried to send some music to a friend's eye-pott. Guess!! You can't send music via bluetooth to an ipod. I laughed so hard. Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use   Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use Empty

Back to top Go down

Linux Journal wants to know what distro you use
Page 1 of 1