SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
Ways you waste your time. Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
Ways you waste your time. Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
Ways you waste your time. Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
Ways you waste your time. Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
Ways you waste your time. Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
Ways you waste your time. Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
Ways you waste your time. Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

Ways you waste your time.

Go down 
+4
FeatherMonkey
Alastairo
bozo
bdquick
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

Ways you waste your time. Empty
PostSubject: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Spend Sunday afternoon putting the wrong gears in your transmission.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:37 pm

That, my friend, is truly a bummer. Shocked affraid Crying or Very sad But now that you know the moves, at least putting the right ones in should go faster. Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Maybe practice will make perfect.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:54 pm

In my case, I practice doing it the wrong way so many times, the practice doing it the right way is wasted. Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Wasted some more time this weekend tuning her up a bit. Will find out Saturday night how much more tuning is needed.

Ways you waste your time. 0529001826.th

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 am

Good Lord, if I was your competitor, you'd have won already after just letting me look! I think just one of those carbs would fill the engine compartment of my Karmann Ghia. Good luck on Saturday!

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Yeah they are good sized. Looks like we might get rained out, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Alastairo
Gecko
Alastairo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 pm

bozo wrote:
Good Lord, if I was your competitor, you'd have won already after just letting me look! I think just one of those carbs would fill the engine compartment of my Karmann Ghia. Good luck on Saturday!

clown
Wow Bozo = the last one was manufactured 36 years ago. Do you still use it daily ?
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Mine is a '71. I was using daily, but developed a serious oil leak and was set aside for a year and a half because I just couldn't get to it and I had other cars I could use. I've been working on it the last couple of weeks as I got some time. I think I've got the leak fixed, but sitting so long has created some other issues, so I'm getting to those. I'm hoping to have it back in service in a week or so, but I've got plenty of other things to do right now so I really don't know how long it will take. Once I have it running reliably, it will become the daily driver again. But there are still some water leaks and rust issues to be worked on before winter.

I also have a need for something I can haul things in, so I'm also working on my '71 Land Cruiser (rebuilding the transfer case, plus the sitting too long issues), which used to be the daily driver before the Karmann Ghia and elevated gas prices. The two will be the daily driving team, and the '94 Camry that I have been driving will be put back on stand-by service for my wife.

I like older cars, despite some of the problems that comes with. Someday (sigh) I want to get my '67 Chevelle running again (needs it's 283 completely rebuilt; it ate a main bearing after 300,000 miles) and restore it.

What I really need is a decent place to work on my vehicles instead of a sloped gravel driveway with no cover. It's pretty much impossible to to do any serious work in the winter due to weather issues, and even when the weather cooperates, nothing rolls easily on the gravel, jacks sink in, and if you drop anything it either gets filthy and needs to be cleaned, or, if it's small, you can't find it. (A large magnet helps.)
Back to top Go down
Alastairo
Gecko
Alastairo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:09 pm

I am quite amazed - I thought I was bad when I kept my fiat 124 station wagon going for 35 years - but I am past that now and get others to fix my car.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:11 am

That's 'cause you're smarter than I am. Very Happy

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Well we had a rain out. Had 7-8 inches of rain at the parents house Friday night. All of the rivers were out, but I don't think there was any major flooding damage. Will probably require some more replanting of crops though.

I tend to like older vehicles too, because they are so much simpler to work on. I agree bozo that a gravel driveway is a bad place to work on things. I much prefer a spot out in the grass. I hate laying on gravel. Plywood and cardboard help but still not that nice. Maybe you need to make an off road creeper with pneumatic tires.
Back to top Go down
FeatherMonkey
Old Regular
FeatherMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Was going to be in the other topic but hell it wasted my time so here it goes.

Defrosting 40 spring roll wrappers(My god do you know how much mix is needed to fill them), so with good intentions I thought I'd make some spring rolls(And even if I say so they're damn good). 18 later filling gone more than enough now what do I do, samosas so now I have 30ish pot,pea and cauli samosas ready for the freezer.

Guess its time to actually cook tea, may of stopped biting my nails but I seemed to of replaced it with visiting china town, might have to go back to biting my nails, its getting expensive...
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 pm

It might be more expensive, but they are tastier than your nails.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 am

What bdquick said. Smile

If you're freezer is or gets too crowded, let me know, I might have a solution for you. The Lounge freezer is looking a bit low. Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
FeatherMonkey
Old Regular
FeatherMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:41 am

Shame the damn Freezer is across the pond and I'm not sure the donkey can swim not to mention he seems a bit slow.

Mine is full now added to the samosas needed bhajis, well not really but had corriander that needed using(Plus pots) and only so much would go in the falafel burgers. So now I have 20 burgers(Begging for some pitta bread, salad, sesame sauce and tzatziki with feta cous cous on the side) and 30 ish bhajis...

I'm sure I shouldn't cook at home I just see quantity's different from normal people.
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Drive 3 hours to a pull in a town with 3 houses, that manages to draw a crowd of 1000 people, to have the throttle cable slip about half way down the track.
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Came home to 3-4 inches of standing water in my crawl space. Came in the door and the sump pump was sounding bad, popped open the crawl space door, cussed a bit, decided it must be plugged or something, and then flipped breakers until it shut off. Luckily it has its own circuit which is now marked. But kicking it off and back on seems to have cleared some sort of blockage. The standing water was gone within an hour. Its now doing the kicking on and off thing. Supposed to be dry the rest of the week. Guess I'll have to get down there and look after it dries out a bit.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:40 pm

You certainly are finding plenty of ways to waste your time lately! You're going to get almost as good as me at wasting time if you're not careful. Smile Sump pumps can be a pain; seems like the only time they work great are when they're not urgently needed. If they are, then they manage to find a way to get plugged. Good luck getting things dried out. Wet crawl spaces are not fun to work in. Look out for snakes and spiders! And coons and and skunks and rats and other critters. Smile

I've lost most of the last week getting nothing done because of the flu. Took my wife out to an Art event thingy, and the next day I was sick. That'll teach me to be nice! Think I'm on the way to being better; ate some real food and it didn't try to immediately leave me. Which is better than than it's been. Hopefully not more than another day or two. Lousy way to diet; don't recommend it at all. Now we're having 100+ degree (F) days and I haven't managed to get the swamp cooler up, and am a week behind on clearing the properties, and I'm hearing fires being dispatched. Oh, well.

clown
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:42 am

Sorry to hear you had the Flu, bozo. That is no fun at all. Where as I have been having a ball with Temperatures in the upper 90's and humidities in the 50-60's. Once about 10AM hits all I can do is sit with the fan blowing on me. and by noon I have to have A/C running.

I did prep the Generator for Hurricane season by changing the oil and making sure the battery for starting is charged. Though Alex looks as if it is heading to Mexico. Hope the folks along that area are getting ready, it might be bigger than initially thought.

It is looking as if I will catch a bit of a break from the heat this week since a cool front is coming in, mid to upper 80's. Will be handy to catch up on chores. Have some Dozer work to do for my neighbor if we can catch some rain, right now the ground is too dry and hard. The little we get is Thunderstorm dump that does not do much to hydrate the soil.

Hope your getting better!

*No none of the above has anything to do with Linux or computers.*
Back to top Go down
https://suseunbound.canadaboard.net
lil_pingus
Old Regular
lil_pingus

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Sounds like you guys have done more than I have. The most I have done in the past month is clean the house. I absolutely hate how hot and humid it has been lately because that means that I have to stay in the air conditioned igloo. I'm beginning to miss human contact because I spend everyday with a bunch of aliens...
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:41 pm

The crawl space is actually drying out fast. This morning the sand was pure mud, but tonight it just looks like wet sand.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 am

It's good it's drying quickly. Otherwise things could grow and you might, like lil pingus, have to spend all your time with aliens. Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin
welan

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Strange that she's the only one that ever sees these aliens...
Back to top Go down
lil_pingus
Old Regular
lil_pingus

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:30 pm

haha guess welan hasn't looked in a mirror lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways you waste your time.   Ways you waste your time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ways you waste your time.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next