SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

Bose headphones, I was a skeptic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Empty
PostSubject: Bose headphones, I was a skeptic   Bose headphones, I was a skeptic EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

But now I'm a believer. A few years ago, I'd bought some cheap Sony noise cancelers. They were good for blocking some constant noises like a dot matrix printer or fan, but didn't touch things like office chatter. I work in a small office and several of the people around me are doing customer support over the phone and sometimes with the ever annoying speaker phone. Its a necessary evil sometimes. And one lady next to me is very loud on the phone.

The Sonys started developing shorts and I might be getting more cranky in my old age as the talking became more bothersome. One day last week, I had enough and went to Best Buy. These might be the best thing I ever bought. With a little music or talk radio I can barely hear any noise around me. It has to be something very sharp, and then its muffled in the headphones.

No one else here may have a need for them, but I would recommend them to anyone.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: Bose headphones, I was a skeptic   Bose headphones, I was a skeptic EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:42 am

Thanks for posting this. I bought a cheap pair (I don't remember the brand) and, as you report, they work pretty well for constant noise, like engine and road noise in the car, but they don't work near as well as I'd hoped. I'll remember the Bose's for the next time I think I'll need them.

clown
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: Bose headphones, I was a skeptic   Bose headphones, I was a skeptic EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 am

Interesting. I have seen the ads for the noise cancellation headphones and wondered how effective they were. I could sure use a set the next time I am forced to fly. The last time I did (a few years back now) the noise level really disturbed me.

One question I have, do you need to have something playing like music or a audio feed?
Back to top Go down
https://suseunbound.canadaboard.net
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Bose headphones, I was a skeptic   Bose headphones, I was a skeptic EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 pm

No you don't even have to plug the cable into the headphones, but they do need a battery. Without an audio feed they will block background noise and muffle other noises around you quite a bit. Without the noise canceling being turned on they are decent noise mufflers. They must have just lots of noise canceling material in them.

One test I did when I got home was to just put a battery in them and sit here with the tv on. All I could hear of the tv was a slight murmur and it was turned up a little over half. About double the level I normally listen at. Then I clapped my hands as hard as possible. I heard what sounded more like a golf clap.

One annoyance I do have with them is that they do require being turned on to hear any audio feed, so they will not work without a battery.

They have proven comfortable enough to wear all day, which wasn't something I could do with the old ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bose headphones, I was a skeptic   Bose headphones, I was a skeptic Empty

Back to top Go down

Bose headphones, I was a skeptic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SUSEUnbound :: LIGHTEN UP! THE PLACE TO TAKE THINGS LESS SERIOUS. ;) :: Off Topic-
Jump to: