SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
Latest not always the greatest. Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
Latest not always the greatest. Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
Latest not always the greatest. Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
Latest not always the greatest. Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
Latest not always the greatest. Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
Latest not always the greatest. Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
Latest not always the greatest. Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

Latest not always the greatest.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
winxp-escapee
winxp-escapee

Latest not always the greatest. Empty
PostSubject: Latest not always the greatest.   Latest not always the greatest. EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:58 am

I don't know whether anybody has been following the discussion on the new nvidia driver over at the openSUSE site,

nvidia 260-19 issues

But it occurs to me that much of the criticism being leveled is completely unjustified.

Officially openSUSE is described as a "stable, easy to use and complete multi-purpose distribution. It is aimed for users and developers working on desktop or server. It's great for beginners, experienced users and ultra geeks, short it's perfect for everybody!"

People need to understand that these comments refer to the official release only. If you are going to heavily modify your system creating your own custom installation by installing the latest kernel, latest KDE and latest nvidia driver there's only one person that can be held responsible for any system failure.

Why can't people accept responsibility for their own actions? Sure I also pick up problems on my test rig from time to time but I recognize that I've caused most of them and just go about fixing them up. I certainly do not blame the dev's for my own shortcomings.
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: Latest not always the greatest.   Latest not always the greatest. EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 am

Have not been keeping up with things much lately. Will have to read up on what seems to be the issue. mule
Back to top Go down
https://suseunbound.canadaboard.net
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Latest not always the greatest.   Latest not always the greatest. EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:19 pm

I should probably pay more attention over there, but I just don't have time to read it every night. I have noticed that my 11.1 support will end Dec. 31st. I will have to look into doing a dup upgrade.

It is a shame though that people blame the distro for problems when the user has been experimenting outside the box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest not always the greatest.   Latest not always the greatest. Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest not always the greatest.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SUSEUnbound :: LIGHTEN UP! THE PLACE TO TAKE THINGS LESS SERIOUS. ;) :: General-
Jump to: