HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Latest not always the greatest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
winxp-escapee

PostSubject: Latest not always the greatest.   Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:58 am

I don't know whether anybody has been following the discussion on the new nvidia driver over at the openSUSE site,

nvidia 260-19 issues

But it occurs to me that much of the criticism being leveled is completely unjustified.

Officially openSUSE is described as a "stable, easy to use and complete multi-purpose distribution. It is aimed for users and developers working on desktop or server. It's great for beginners, experienced users and ultra geeks, short it's perfect for everybody!"

People need to understand that these comments refer to the official release only. If you are going to heavily modify your system creating your own custom installation by installing the latest kernel, latest KDE and latest nvidia driver there's only one person that can be held responsible for any system failure.

Why can't people accept responsibility for their own actions? Sure I also pick up problems on my test rig from time to time but I recognize that I've caused most of them and just go about fixing them up. I certainly do not blame the dev's for my own shortcomings.
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular

PostSubject: Re: Latest not always the greatest.   Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 am

Have not been keeping up with things much lately. Will have to read up on what seems to be the issue. mule

bdquick
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest not always the greatest.   Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:19 pm

I should probably pay more attention over there, but I just don't have time to read it every night. I have noticed that my 11.1 support will end Dec. 31st. I will have to look into doing a dup upgrade.

It is a shame though that people blame the distro for problems when the user has been experimenting outside the box.

PostSubject: Re: Latest not always the greatest.   

Back to top Go down

Latest not always the greatest.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1