SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
 remote desktop and dictionary  Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
 remote desktop and dictionary  Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
 remote desktop and dictionary  Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
 remote desktop and dictionary  Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
 remote desktop and dictionary  Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
 remote desktop and dictionary  Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
 remote desktop and dictionary  Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

remote desktop and dictionary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
momo
Newt
momo

remote desktop and dictionary  Empty
PostSubject: remote desktop and dictionary     remote desktop and dictionary  EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello,

look for a dictionary, no problem, but i dont know the packages to install for more language packs offline, GUI, KDE at least, german - english is okay, more would be better. mate dictionary 1.6, several languages, online i guess, didnt works - error:

Code:
Error while looking up definition

No definitions found for 'hallo'

Is there any remote desktop on terminal or GUI, Linux to Linux, through internet, and an instruction?
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: remote desktop and dictionary     remote desktop and dictionary  EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 am

Welcome to SuseUnbound, momo! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Spring is always a busy time for me.

I don't have an answer for your question on the dictionary. Did you use Yast to install it? Yast is usually pretty good about finding dependencies and putting things in the right place. zypper is supped to be good also, but I've never used it myself.

OpenSuse comes with remote desktop capabilities, again I would use Yast to install it. There should be documentation available to install, also. This is something I have no personal experience with.

Check back again, there are other members that know more than I that should be along shortly. If you would let us know which version of OpenSuse you use it would be helpful.

clown

Last edited by bozo on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: remote desktop and dictionary     remote desktop and dictionary  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:30 pm

For the remote desktop there is rDesktop I beleive that will use the standard windows rdp protocol and clients. I've never used it, because back when I was needing that sort of thing it really didn't work yet. There is also one called NoMachine, that I have used. It requires, or at least used to, a private/public key to access the server from any remotes. More secure but not handy if you don't have your public key file with you. Its probably in the repos too, but it can also be gotten from https://www.nomachine.com/download. There are also other options out there using ssh and VPNs.
Back to top Go down
momo
Newt
momo

PostSubject: Re: remote desktop and dictionary     remote desktop and dictionary  EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 2:33 pm

ok thank you

The one thing i can find is mate-utils provides mate-dictionary and mate-utils prefes mate-utils lang.

Mate comes from:
http ://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/MATE:/STABLE:/1.6/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

And my OpenSuse is Tumbleweed, i need a rolling release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: remote desktop and dictionary     remote desktop and dictionary  Empty

Back to top Go down

remote desktop and dictionary
Page 1 of 1