SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
welan! That's enough already! Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
welan! That's enough already! Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
welan! That's enough already! Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
welan! That's enough already! Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
welan! That's enough already! Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
welan! That's enough already! Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
welan! That's enough already! Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

welan! That's enough already!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

welan! That's enough already! Empty
PostSubject: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 am

Hope everyone is faring well despite welan's overenthusiastic cooler expansion. Maybe if we get together and get a case of herring ice cream bars or something he might be bribed to give us a break. What's your price, welan?

Here in the balmy foothills of the Sierra Nevada I've had the second deepest snowfall in 25 years (about 8"; anything over 4-6" is quite remarkable), and the first time I've recorded lows in the mid-teens for years. And it's lasted much longer than most winters. I've still got snow on the ground from almost two weeks ago; normally snow disappears in 3-4 days. I was snowed in for a week, finally got the driveway passable just in time to be able to get to town for a scheduled surgery on my arm (had to have a fairly good sized possible Basal Cell tumor removed. All went well.) I was told not to use that arm for lifting for a few days. Hah! With the low temperatures I was going through wood like crazy. Try heating with wood without using your arm!

Amazingly enough power did not go out for more than a few minutes a couple of times. Messed up the clocks and caused some reboots, but no damage. My wireless Internet was upgraded form 2.4 MHz to 5 MHz service. No speed increase (still about 25 KB/sec., sometimes it jumps to as much as 33KB/sec! Don't laugh, it's better than dial-up!), but reliability is *vastly* improved.

Take care, all, and I'm still looking forward to some more reports of how great OpenSuse 13.1 works for you. I'm still waiting for that perfect HD sale to upgrade, but I can't wait much longer. Maybe Santa will find one for me! Smile

So welan, show some mercy on us and get that thirst for world domination through creation of an ice age under control!

clown 
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin
welan

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Sorry, bozo. Just got abit carried away. It's such a great improvement from summer I just couldn't stop myself Embarassed Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:51 pm

welan wrote:
Sorry, bozo. Just got abit carried away. It's such a great improvement from summer I just couldn't stop myself Embarassed Embarassed 

That's a matter of opinion bbbbrrrrrrrrrr

Actually its supposed to be almost 50 here tomorrow before freezing rain comes to ruin Thursday.
Back to top Go down
findoctr
Gecko
findoctr

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Here in Maryland, we had 2 back to back snow falls then freezing rain with the temps staying below freezing for about 2 weeks. This weekend it was a balmy 75+ degrees melting everything that had accumulated with an expected freeze up again Monday.

Weather you can trust!
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Ok this is really enough. -50F windchills are over the line, even for a penguin.
Back to top Go down
findoctr
Gecko
findoctr

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:57 pm

It's not that chilly here (yet) but it is suppose to get down to -5 /-10 tonight with wind chills of -20 /-30.

I have skied in sub zero temps. quite a few times in my life and once got stranded on a chair lift with -26 degree temps and 50+ mph winds at Sugarloaf Main.

I did suffer some miner frost bite.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:16 pm

I just read that zoos were bringing the polar bears and penguins inside because it was too cold for them!

clown 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: welan! That's enough already!   welan! That's enough already! Empty

Back to top Go down

welan! That's enough already!
Page 1 of 1