SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
Where'd everybody go? Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
Where'd everybody go? Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
Where'd everybody go? Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
Where'd everybody go? Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
Where'd everybody go? Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
Where'd everybody go? Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
Where'd everybody go? Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

Where'd everybody go?

Go down 
+2
bdquick
bozo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

Where'd everybody go? Empty
PostSubject: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm

After the move things were hopping bounce with everyone checking in, then suddenly the sound of silence. Sleep

Winter weather got everyone off-line? Cool Too busy shoveling the driveway to check in? Razz The upgrade to KDE 4.3.5 Question sucking up all the bandwidth? pig Lightning strikes letting out all the magic smoke from your components? affraid Cooking and eating spaghetti noodles forcing you to spend time on the couch napping? elephant Aliens abduct everyone but me? alien Is there a new book out that got everyone's attention but mine? study Studying for mid-terms? Shocked Setting seeds out for early planting? flower

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Well the IRC room is hopping tonight.
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 am

Mixing and pouring concrete for me. First time the Weather got above freezing with sunshine last week allowing outdoor pursuits. After mixing 71 bags of 80# Redi-mix over three days of time, I was pretty well plumb wore out.
Back to top Go down
https://suseunbound.canadaboard.net
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:24 am

Now, you know there is nothing more relaxing and rejuvenating than a couple of hours hanging on the forum. Excuse denied. Very Happy

When you get done, bring your mixer and come visit. I think I can find something for you to do. Laughing

clown
Back to top Go down
Alastairo
Gecko
Alastairo

PostSubject: Been too damned hot here.   Where'd everybody go? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 am

We've had a bit of a heatwave, and it's been too uncomfortable sitting at the PC.
Welan - where are you when we need you !!
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin
welan

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Sorry for my absence...been working everyday and then some. Seems evertime we end up short handed I'm expected to take up the slack single handedly. Been working 5:30 am to as late as 10 pm. Pretty much stopped eating (no time) and I only day dream about sleep. Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 pm

MattB4 wrote:
Mixing and pouring concrete for me. First time the Weather got above freezing with sunshine last week allowing outdoor pursuits. After mixing 71 bags of 80# Redi-mix over three days of time, I was pretty well plumb wore out.

Hope you're building something interesting.
Back to top Go down
Eds
Old Regular
Eds

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 pm

MattB4 wrote:
Mixing and pouring concrete for me.

You getting rid of some folks again Matt?
Time I did a roll call I think ...

BD Quick...

Present ...

Bozo ....

Here! .....

Broch ....

Broch?

Broch? .....

A-ha - it all makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:09 am

The Forum has been a little slow. So I took the opportunity of good weather and free time to poor a slab for a addition to my tar-paper shack. I am adding a wood stove this year. Since with the rise in electrical costs it is getting expensive to heat the place in Winter. After growing up and having to cut firewood all the time, I had deliberately not installed a wood heating source when I built my place here. Plus the economics of using firewood can be more expensive than other sources. As it is I figure it will take 3 years to offset the cost of adding the stove.

Just picked the stove up from the shipper yesterday. I had to drive down to get it since the freight company truck would not come up the County road. Since it is at the end of Winter now I was able to get a real good deal on the stove. It is a Drolet Savannah model made in Quebec Canada so it should be good quality. Heavy little beast.

I would be happy to lend you the cement mixer bozo. It is a heirloom Montgomery Wards (Old enough to remember Monkey Wards?) model that my Father bought back in 1960. Still works on its original electrical motor after all the years of use and abuse. I would have preferred to have the concrete delivered, but when I called this year about prices it turns out to be rather high. They have a 5 cu yard minimum price vs the 3 from years ago using them. With only needing a yard and a half it made more sense to mix my own. Though my back disagrees with the economics of the approach. Oh well, I should straighten out in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Looks like a nice stove. Sounds very much like my Quadra-Fire, just a little bigger and turned sideways. I've been happy with mine for the last twenty years; hope your as happy with yours for as long. The 19" log is nice. Mine takes a 17" log (and not 17 1/8"!). The ash drawer sounds nice, too. Must mean there's a grate of some sort. Hope that works out OK. The reviews were very complementary.

I remember Monkey Wards very well. Have had several MW appliances. Sorry that so many of the old department store have either folded or devolved into clothing stores. Oh, well, now we have Lowe's and Home Depot instead.

You should take advantage of the next few weeks to do whatever needs to be done in the crawl space or attic or under the truck. After you straighten up it will be harder to get into those spaces. Isn't it nice to be able to change your oil by just walking instead of having to get on your back and wiggle around under there? Twisted Evil

I'll gladly take you up on the offer of the mixer. You'll have to come along to show me how it works, though. I've always had trouble with off/on switches.
geek

clown
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 am

Monkey Wards Catalog was a big part of the shopping experience for me growing up. Growing up in a Rural setting meant that in order to obtain things like tools, appliances, clothes for school and all the other nifty things, meant ordering from the Catalog. (Not to mention the Women's Lingerie section that could cause blindness for a young lad Embarassed). Then waiting for the Mailman to deliver, or picking up in town the bigger items.

Nowadays the Internet is a better replacement. Not only can you search out things, you can read all the reviews that friendly folks post about them. Sure you need to practice a grain of salt (Now being Banned in New York as a Dangerous Substance) when doing so. But I have had excellent results with comparing and contrasting negative and positive comments before making my decision. I have started to write a few reviews myself when I buy something to give my fair assessment so others might benefit. Sorta the open Source ideal.

As for the my back, I think my days of being a Champion Limbo contestant are over. mule
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:45 am

As one guys sig in another forum says, "This getting old stuff is not for sissies!" farao affraid

clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everybody go?   Where'd everybody go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where'd everybody go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SUSEUnbound :: LIGHTEN UP! THE PLACE TO TAKE THINGS LESS SERIOUS. ;) :: General-
Jump to: