SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
vhost root in data partition? Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
vhost root in data partition? Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
vhost root in data partition? Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
vhost root in data partition? Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
vhost root in data partition? Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
vhost root in data partition? Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
vhost root in data partition? Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

vhost root in data partition?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobnw
Newt
bobnw

vhost root in data partition? Empty
PostSubject: vhost root in data partition?   vhost root in data partition? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:40 am

I am new to Opensuse.

I have a ext4 data partition that a share on my home network. I access it from different machines and sync the copies between machines. A year ago I was able to use Ubuntu to run a virtual host from a root directory in the data partition. After an upgrade I had trouble setting it up again so I decided it would be a good time to try Opensuse.

I think to get it to work I would need to change the Apache user configuration file, which is not recommended.

Is running a development vhost from a root directory in a data partition a bad idea. If not what is the best way to set up the permissions so allow Apache to use the directory.

Thanks for any advice you can share
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: vhost root in data partition?   vhost root in data partition? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Welcome to SuseUnbound, bobnw!

Unfortunately, I am unable to answer your question. Networks are not my forte. (Actually, I don't really have a forte. I have more enthusiasm than knowledge. Smile ) The guys who can give you some help will be along in a few days or so. Things have been slow here and they don't always check everyday. Hopefully it won't be too long and there will be an answer for you.

clown
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: vhost root in data partition?   vhost root in data partition? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:32 am

One thing would be if apache is running under a certain user account give that user or a group that user is in permissions to the folder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vhost root in data partition?   vhost root in data partition? Empty

Back to top Go down

vhost root in data partition?
Page 1 of 1