SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

opensuse 11.4 available for download

Go down 
+3
bozo
MattB4
Tux
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: opensuse 11.4 available for download   opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 pm

limo wrote:
bdquick wrote:
Ok problems encountered. Realized I didn't have sound, that's not a big deal and should be easily fixed. Bigger issue, it would not shut down. No idea what's going on there.

Hell no! I was just thinking about trying it! Such simple essential things should work out of the box!

But Limo you have to start up a post or two where I actually tried upgrading from an 11.2 install to 11.4. I think that was the root of my problems. Have to admit, I haven't tried fixing that machine yet. Just been to darn busy.
Back to top Go down
limo
Old Regular
limo

PostSubject: Re: opensuse 11.4 available for download   opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:41 am

well... the same silly old question again... Embarassed for those of you using 64 bits.

I have read a lot about 32 bit vs, 64 bit, I couldn't figure out if it really makes a difference in speed and performance, some said it's minor advantage, software wasn't realy written to benefit from 64 bit processing (originally written for 32 bit processors, so no real difference), and things like that?

What's your real experience in real world guys?
Back to top Go down
limo
Old Regular
limo

PostSubject: Re: opensuse 11.4 available for download   opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 am

bdquick wrote:

But Limo you have to start up a post or two where I actually tried upgrading from an 11.2 install to 11.4. I think that was the root of my problems. Have to admit, I haven't tried fixing that machine yet. Just been to darn busy.

Sorry for rushing, so, this gives me another reason to stick to a rolling release, tumbleweed in the case of opensuse,
Anybody tried it? how stable and reliable?
I'll appreciate your guidance and experience.
P.S. again, 64 bit or 32 bit. (there is another post with same silly question)
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: opensuse 11.4 available for download   opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:27 pm

My experience has been awhile, but when I first switched from 32 to 64 bit on the same machine, the 64 bit just seemed a bit snappier opening programs and such. It was a fresh install of both. I just installed 32 bit on the machine because I hadn't yet downloaded the 64 bit DVD, and wanted to test my newly built machine. That was probably about 5 years ago, and that machine runs 24/7. It was my mythtv box, but never reloaded mythtv after I upgraded it to 11.3 this winter. Currently running a webserver in virtual box.

Also got a new laptop this winter and have only ran 11.3 64 bit on it. I've had zero problems with it.
Back to top Go down
limo
Old Regular
limo

PostSubject: Re: opensuse 11.4 available for download   opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:57 pm

hmmm... I thought I should try tumbleweed... but unfortunately, it stated there that it does not support virtualbox because kernel changes in a rolling distro...
Unfortunately I need virtualbox because as you may know I love to experiment with distros, or experiment a package on my installed distro on a virtual machine first to see if it suits my needs.

But I really don't understand why tumbleweed cant really support virtualbox while LMDE (rolling distro) can do it?
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: opensuse 11.4 available for download   opensuse 11.4 available for download - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:19 pm

I would think it would support it, you just might have to manually recompile the kernel stuff for virtual box. I have to do that now anytime that my kernel updates.
Back to top Go down

opensuse 11.4 available for download
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2