HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Opensuse: Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
needhelpp
Newt

PostSubject: Opensuse: Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0   Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 am

hi,

I have installed opensuse 10.3 a few days back. I'm neither an expert nor very new to Linux. I'm facing problem with installing rpm packages. Error message: "error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". By Googling, I found that it can be solved by installing xz-utils from the following source https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=596149. In doing so, I'm getting another error, which reads "bash: make: command not found". This is troubling me a lot. Kindly help me solve this issue.
Earlier, I was getting similar error for libselinux.so.1. I got it fixed by copying a copy of it from internet to /lib. I'm not sure, whether or not that's the correct procedure.

zypper is not nstalled. Commands like rpm, rpm2cpio, yast not working. yast gives the following error message:
"Error loading language plugin /usr/lib/YaST2/plugin/libpy2lang_perl.so: librpm-4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
No such client module menu

Run 'yast2 -h' for help on usage"

All this started when I tried to install newer version of rpm package, "rpm-4.8.0-7.11.i586.rpm". It didn't succeed, but failed yast as well.

Kindly help asap.

-stran
Back to top Go down
FeatherMonkey
Old Regular

PostSubject: Re: Opensuse: Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0   Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Ewww I'm really not sure what you've done here IMO it sounds a mess iirc lzma was a new compression and is relatively new by getting the ability I suspect you've broken other things. The easiest way to get new libs/apps is an upgrade.

This really sounds like it is broken and due to the fact you're looking at source compiles and aren't aware you need to install make I suspect this is going to be difficult to talk you through. You may be able to use the dvd to reinstall packages but tbh I would recommend installing a later version i.e 11.2/3 as this will alleviate the need to try and upgrade rpm to get lzma support. It also sounds like you didn't use yast to manage software which will protect you to a certain extent from creating these kind of problems and most certainly remove the need for source compiling.
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opensuse: Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0   Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Feathermonkeys right, by using a newer version 11.2/3 you will avoid this and other similar issues. Then you will have time to read up on more interesting tools and apps such as "make" before trying anything on the edge.
By the way welcome to our little corner of the web and we're glad to have you onboard.

PostSubject: Re: Opensuse: Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0   

Back to top Go down

Opensuse: Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1