SUSEUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
openFate
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Fatelogo_small openFATE - openSUSE feature tracking
Latest topics
» Difference between 42.2 and 42.1
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Emptyby findoctr Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

» openSUSE Leap 42.1 ?
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Emptyby findoctr Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

» Happy Turkey Day
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Emptyby findoctr Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

» Happy 4th of July!
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Emptyby bozo Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm

» It's been a while ...
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Emptyby bozo Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

» Mondo chillers
XEON's I cannot take the heat! Emptyby bozo Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
IRC Channel
You can also find us on IRC's freenode.net as #suseunbound.

XEON's I cannot take the heat!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
welan
Admin
welan

XEON's I cannot take the heat! Empty
PostSubject: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Yes I have acquired another xeon box. 2 xeon 2.4 cpu's 1 gig 533mhz ram multiple hdd's amounting to 4tb. All these xeons are gonna melt my igloo affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:00 pm

I hope your electrical rates are good. Or perhaps you can figure a method of cold power. Idea
Back to top Go down
https://suseunbound.canadaboard.net
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:58 am

Speaking of heat sources. Here is the first day of Spring with heavy snow falling. Woke up this morning with about an inch of snow and a hour later I have 3-4 inches. Quite the reversal of the 68℉ of two days ago. Uggh.. stuck indoors once again.
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 am

Welan, what you need is an asbestos igloo Shocked And a cold fusion reactor/generator to supply the power. What a Face

Matt, our late winter, early spring (actually most of the winter) has been like that; can't put the shorts and sandals OR the long johns away into mothballs. The plant life is thoroughly confused. confused Right now we're into a warm phase. sunny But I expect to see snowfall any time. rendeer

clown
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 am

Yeah the Weather has been changeable. It is now up to 6 inches outside and my power is flickering off and on. Never expected a Blizzard this late in the year. Oh well the forecast says it will be back in the 60's by Tuesday.

About those Xeons, welan? Do you get 100FPS playing Frozen Bubble? Laughing
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 am

Oops getting closer to 9 inches:
XEON's I cannot take the heat! P3220016.th

Last edited by MattB4 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:18 am

We had about 4 inches fall here Friday night into Saturday morning, and thankfully most of it was gone Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
MattB4
Old Regular
MattB4

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am

It is now over a foot deep. Have lost power repeatedly and can see tree branches beginning to break under the weight of the snow. Rather more than predicted. Like bozo said, I had put away all the Winter stuff like Salt and shovels. I will have to wade through the drifts to the tool shed and dig them back out now.

I can imagine everything has ground to a halt on the roads around here. I am glad I do not have plow duty anymore. When I lived in Billings, Mt. I had to plow the parking lot of the Billings Gazette, the local Newspaper. It was not fun getting up early and driving 20 miles through Blizzards to open the lot so that the Place could open for business. I hate Snow!!! Mad

Normally where I live here in AR there is not much snow, this year has been the exception.
Back to top Go down
welan
Admin
welan

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Me looks around whistling...nice weather we're havin Wink
Back to top Go down
bozo
Admin
bozo

Location : Way out in the sticks in the Gold Country of California

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Referencing bdquick's comment in Swerdna's thread, maybe what you need, Matt, is a good tornado to blow all the snow away?

clown
Back to top Go down
Alastairo
Gecko
Alastairo

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Hey Welan, Don't forget about us down here. It's as hot as hell.
c'mon - weave some of that magic here - the other guys have had enough !
Back to top Go down
bdquick
Admin
bdquick

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Alastairo wrote:
Hey Welan, Don't forget about us down here. It's as hot as hell.
c'mon - weave some of that magic here - the other guys have had enough !

Don't worry, soon his southern hemisphere station will be online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XEON's I cannot take the heat!   XEON's I cannot take the heat! Empty

Back to top Go down

XEON's I cannot take the heat!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SUSEUnbound :: LIGHTEN UP! THE PLACE TO TAKE THINGS LESS SERIOUS. ;) :: General-
Jump to: